Lab Director: Jon Haidt,
website, email: haidt at virgina.edu
[put in the "@" sign yourself; we
don't want spam-bots to find addresses]
Past Graduate Students:
Past Distinguished Majors (Undergraduate honors theses):
- Gary Sherman (Ph.D. 2011). How Disgust Affects the Perception of Darkness
- Jesse Graham (Ph.D. 2010). Left Gut, Right Gut: Ideology and Automatic Moral Reactions
- Patrick Seder (Ph.D. 2010). What A “Facebook Smile” Reveals About Future Happiness: The Expression of Positive Affect in Facebook Photographs Predicts Long-Term Well-Being
- Sara Algoe (Ph.D. 2005). A Relational Account of Gratitude: A Positive Emotion that Strengthens Interpersonal Connections.
- Holly Hom (Ph.D. 2004). Gossip as a Vehicle for Value Comparison: The
Development of Social Norms and Social Bonding through Moral Judgment
- Fredrik Bjorklund (Visiting graduate student)
- Zita Meijer (Ph.D 2001). Automatic Selves Across Cultures: A
Comparative Study in Japan and the United States.
- Therese Verkerke (2010)
- Meghan Smith (2010) The Positive Moral Emotion Video Validation Library
- Alex Hincker (2009)
- Kathleen Connelly (2009)
- Lucy Norton (2009)
- Margaret Midboe (2008) Putting Other-Praising Emotions to Use: Developing a Video Intervention
- Taylor Haight (2008) Can Moral Elevation Reduce Implicit Racial Prejudice?
- Katherine Jacobs (2008)
- Paul Hiatt (2006). Higher Love: Can Elevation Help Couples Overcome Conflict?
- Christa Morse (2006). Tipping the Trust Scale: Does Elevation Cause Increased Trust in Strangers?
- Jennie Gross (2005). The morality of self-change [?]
- Jen Silvers (2005). Moral Milk: Elevation Causes Milk Release in Breastfeeding Women
- Gary Sherman (2004). Elevation and the Vagus Nerve; A
- Martin Olivier (2004). Predicting Violence From the Moral Rhetoric of
- Chris Oveis (2002) More Than a Feeling: The Psychophysiology of
- Kelly Walter (2002). Elevation and Prosocial Behavior:
An Examination of Moderators and Motivations
- Mona Hasan (2002).
Self-sacrifice Inspires Others: Suicide Bombing and the Positive Moral Emotion
- Megan Webb (2001). Positive Emotions in Nature: Causes
- Preethy George (1999).
The psychology of purity and pollution [?]
- Anita Tam (1999). Model-inspired helping: Is there an emotion of
- Carter Chandler (1999). Divine feelings and pro-social
- Estela Marin (1998). Crime and Punishment: Why People
Think the World Will End (Soon).
- Gabe Ignatow (1998). Structures of
- Evan Rosenberg (1997). Attitudes toward diversity
- Matt Hersh (1997). Sexual Morality: The Plasticity of Moral
- Scott Murphy (1996). Dumbfounding: Conflicting processes in