you must miss one or more class meetings, and have
not already done so, please contact Pate via email
all who must miss
class, make-up assignments are below.
June 23rd and 24th
• Read the two assigned articles and write one 3 - 5 page
paper, double-spaced, on reaction to both articles, as
well as personal ranking of contemporary higher education
issues, including reasons why you ranked as such. Submit
paper as e-mail attachment.
• Go over syllabus to be sure that you understand expectations
of class and use of Tapped In for July 13th class
assignment, make a test posting. Notify Pate of questions.
July 14th and 15th
a second position paper on what you find to be the LEAST important
issue and why.
• Choose and read an additional book on higher education issues and write
a 3 - 5 page, double-spaced book review that includes
why you selected the book.
• Interview a higher education administrator to get their
opinion on one issue and how it affects their institution
and submit a brief (approximately two double-spaced
of the interview.
July 28th and 29th
Write a 5 – 10 page, double-spaced presentation to
a Board of a hypothetical community college, small 4-year
college or a university proposing a solution to one of
the higher education issues.
• Schedule a meeting or telephone conference with Pate
to discuss the hypothetical Board presentation and course
• Complete the course examination and submit the response as an attachment.