Day 20 - Tuesday
- collect papers. To be returned ASAP.
- I enjoyed our individual chats; please come chat
more if you need to.
- syllabus check:
one more paper
last week of classes dedicated to workshopping portfolio
1. cover letter
2. revised work (3 papers)
3. photocopies of old reviewed work (4 papers)
4. letter of consent
II. Fourth Paper assigned
How readable was Vendler's article? What points does
she make that you find interesting?
What are some potential claims for this paper? What
kinds of evidence might be useful?
III. Style Review
- sentence level and paragraph level skill =
show Joseph Williams's book
- group work: Seuss anti-revisions
cartoon handout (Calvin and Hobbes)
directions: anti-revise Seuss's sentences. Break the
character/action, short-long, old-new rules. Prizes for best
Homework: Revise --
at the sentence level -- two paragraphs from a previous essay.
Bring in enough copies for workshopping.