Day 24 - Tuesday
- hand back remaining papers
- syllabus check: paper #4 due Thursday,
II. Final Workshopping Procedures
hand out guidelines and discuss
handout: compare paragraphs
- Which is more readable? Which is prettier?
- What tempts people to metadiscourse?
- What are some common signs of/forms of
metadiscourse in your papers?
- Based on what you know so far, what part of the
sentence receives stress? END
- Why does the end receive stress?
handout: compare pairs of sentences
- How would you describe the #2s? more dramatic,
1. Write one sentence that mentions the positive
aspects of snow but emphasizes its positives.
2. Write one sentence that breaks it gently to your
dad that you disagree with his politics.