Day 44 - Friday
1) Class Business (2)
* Sign-in Sheet
2) Evaluations (15)
* Explain Evaluations; Instructions: Please comment on 1-15,
as well as 16 and 17, on the back of the scantron if you like.
* Ask for volunteer to collect evaluations and to take them, after
class, to Pam Marcantel in Bryan Hall 236c.
3) Turn in Final Portfolios
4) Final Argument Game (OK, this is your last act as ENWR
* Now, when I say "No exam!" I want you to form into groups
of five and to put your desks in a circle. When youre done,
look back up here. "No exam!"
* I need 3 volunteers. OK, you guys are going to serve as judges
for our last class game.
* All right. Im going to give you guys a claim, and each group will
need to construct an argument around that claim. (Write on board) This argument
must include at least 3 reasons; at least one piece of evidence for each
reason; one acknowledgment and response; and one explanation of a warrant
that underlies your argument. You will have 7 minutes to construct your
argument. When time is up, your team will read its argument to the judges.
These judges will then select the best argument of the three. Ready? Your
claim is "We should get out of class early today." The team with the best
argument will get to leave class early.
* Judges verdict (explain to judges that I will let everyone go early,
but I want the groups to really sweat it out for a while, so push them hard).
5) Well, all of those arguments sounded pretty convincing
to me, so instead of letting the winners go home early, you can
all leave. But first I want to say that youve been a great
class, and Ive really enjoyed having you this semester.
If you need any help or advice over the next few years, feel
free to come talk to me. That said, have a great summer! And
come get a lollipop before you leave.
6) Remind student to take evaluations to Pam.
Back to MWF Calendar