Day 15 - Thursday
- reiterate new due dates
- reiterate spring break homework: movie and
reading. I will be available by email over spring break.
Why is a conclusion important?
- It's the writer's last chance to contextualize,
reiterate, and make his/her point memorable/worth
What should a conclusion do?
- suggest further potential directions for
- remind of remaining unknowns
How should a conclusion sound?
- like an introduction in its tone: clever,
- like the introduction in its ideas: a return to
where we started
Exercise: Think about the conclusions of your
favorite movies. What do movies do at their ends? How are the final
scenes presented? How are the credits presented? How do these
characteristics resemble those mentioned above?
Generate the workshopping worksheet: parts of
argument, paragraph success
Groups of three: