Astr 1210 Course Requirements in Brief
- 3 In-class Exams (55% of grade)
- Final Exam scheduled by the University (25% of grade)
- This exam covers
material introduced in the last quarter of the course
combined with a "cumulative" section.
- The cumulative section will consist partially
of questions taken directly from the in class exams.
- Exams will typically count as they are scored. If the mean is exceptionally low the exam may be scaled up to a higher mean.
- 10% of the grade will be made up of "wild-card" assignments
- Mainly in-class exercises (No make-ups -- attendance is rewarded!)
- 10% of the grade derives from completing two lab assignments
- Telescope Observing (required)
- one additional lab of your choice.
- Up to 3% extra credit is available for completing an additional lab