- Exam 3 results should be available late Wednesday, maybe Thursday
- Submit your observing assigment results via collab if you can.
- The final assigment is due (via Collab submission) on Friday December 14. Here it is:
- Write a short (2-3) page research paper/summary with references that are not blogs or Daily Mail articles (i.e. real scholarly papers). That address one of the four following questions.
- What is Sputnik Planitia and how did it get there?
- Is there an ocean under the surface of Enceladus or not?
- Why is the Martian atmosphere so thin?
- What is the most likely source of Earth's water?
- This is a physics-based class so we expect your answers to be (just) a little more than simply qualitatively descriptive.
- The expected pages are standard double spacing with typical (i.e. 1" margins). Given the stand conversions another way to look at it is 600-900 words. There's no punishment for going (a little) over if you are enthusiastic.
- Note the existence of a sometimes-updated archive of papers elaborating on topics discussed in class.